9 Healthy Foods and Drinks which can Make You Fat
Having trashed away the junk food and switched over to the healthy food, you think that you are health conscious and yet you are struggling to remain lean. Even the most health-conscious among us are not aware where sugar hides and how to avoid those foods. We present some healthy foods that makes one fat.
- Commercial balsamic vinegar is made from white wine vinegar and has added caramel coloring for color and added sweetness. It also contains thickeners like corn-starch and gum, which increases the calories and sugar.
- Restaurant salads gets converted into a dessert with toppings like dried fruit, glazed nuts and creamy dressings with a risk of three digit calories.
- Smoothies have been cleverly positioned as a fast, healthy breakfast alternative, but in reality, most commercial smoothies are fruity milkshakes. One 16-ounce commercial banana berry smoothie carries a 12 teaspoons of sugar.
- Protein bars are again a misnomer. Adding a little fiber and some nutrients will not suddenly make a protein bar healthy. On the contrary, it converts a candy bar into an overpriced candy bar which is nutrient-enriched.
- Almond butter can also contain added sugar. It is the best example of how a perfectly healthy food can become spoiled when one don’t read labels. One must stick to the product with the label mentioning 100 percent raw organic almonds and nothing else.
- Fruit-on-the-bottom yogurts have sugar content equivalent to that of a candy bar. Non-fat Greek yogurt sweetened with honey packs 29 grams of sugar in a small container, so one must stick to full-fat unsweetened Greek yogurt and balance the sourness with a fresh raspberry.
- Protein shakes promise certain amounts of protein and other nutrients, but the commercial protein powders don’t spell out high amounts of sugar, artificial sweeteners, or excessive sugar alcohols to flavor up their mixes.
- Wheat bread comes stripped of fiber and loaded with the same added sugar, preservatives, and other junk as white bread. A whole wheat bread’s two slices increase blood sugar more than two tablespoons of table sugar. It is the biggest misnomer that is being spread to the gullible public that the inclusion of ‘whole grains’ in many processed foods that are full of sugar and wheat, makes it healthy food.
- One typically avoids four pieces of whole fruit but gorges on the juice, which can quickly pack too much sugar without fiber.
1 thought on “9 Healthy Foods and Drinks which can Make You Fat”
If such diet food is made up of these impurities, i would say, i had been fooled as i have been consuming all of these all my life